Maybe you are like me and you need a new but simple breakfast recipe to change things up! This recipe is for the days when you have lots of hungry boys to feed whose love language involves MEAT and BREAD. It’s not meant for the days when you are eating healthy. 😉 Blame it all on my Southern roots, but some mornings are made for Biscuits and Gravy. 😉
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (9.6 ounce) package Jimmy Dean Original Hearty Pork Sausage Crumbles
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk; cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Split biscuits in half. Place 2 halves on each of 8 plates; top with about 1/3 cup gravy.
Happy Thursday, y’all! Tomorrow is Friday Favorites! XOXO Narci