Hey, y’all!! Today, I am sharing our favorite Easter Breakfast traditions (Homemade Quiche and Blueberry Muffins) along with my sister-in-law’s crowd pleasing Easy Breakfast Casserole! I love to have something special on Easter morning for our family! Enjoy!! Xoxo Narci 🙂
Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- 1 9 inch homemade or refrigerated piecrust, fitted to a 9 inch glass pie plate
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Layer the spinach, bacon and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set.
To Die for Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven
Easy Breakfast Casserole
- 24 oz. frozen hash browns (about 8 cups)
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the frozen potatoes, ham, and cheese to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 1).
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.