Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

Hey, y’all!! It’s Friday, and we are hosting Friday Favorites with my girls, Erika and Andrea!  I have a sweet little list of favorites this week!  First, I wanted to congratulate, Becca M.  on winning our giveaway on Monday!!!  I emailed you this morning, Becca!  Congrats!  Let’s get started!

ONE

I was going through my old iPad on Wednesday night and this little picture popped in the photos!

img_5086

I can’t believe how much Jackson’s grown!   And, Presley’s blonde curls slay me…and, Oh my gosh…Luke’s smile.  hahaha.  I love it all.

TWO

This lens came in the mail to me, and I am LOVING IT!!!img_5065

Someone asked me to photograph their office, and I was like…”well, I guess I could, but I would REALLY need to rent a wide angle lens to do that”….and somehow, I ended up buying one instead of renting one.  haha.  The amount of LIGHT and sharpness out of this bad boy is simply amazing.  I think I am going to need to take on some more real estate sessions to justify this purchase….but I am wondering if it would be amazing at the beach and in the bluebonnets as well!   Eek!   I can’t wait to use this a ton!

THREEimg_5006

Speaking of the beach, we will be in the 30A area June 9-13!!  So, if you are interested in these sessions, you can send me an email at narcidphotography@gmail.com!  We did these a few years ago, and we had so much fun!!

FOURimg_5062

Rob was gone this week on his first Ski Vacation, and I think it’s safe to say that he loves it!!   He picked it up at ski school in a day, and we are already talking about when we can take the whole family or maybe going as a couple!   I am certain that I won’t be anywhere near as good as he is though!   I get nervous in a go kart….much less throwing myself down a mountain.  haha!

FIVE

Okay, ladies!!  I totally need your help for this next one!   I am still loving the color of my hair (seriously, the stylist nailed it!), but I need some help in the styling department!  I took this picture the other day, because I felt like I had finally nailed the products that work the best for the different textures!

img_5015

But exactly 1.5 hours later, this is how my hair looked….the curl was gone and it was so flat!   I am wondering if I need a new curling wand!   OR, maybe a better hair spray?  lol. img_5047

Someone point me in the right direction, here!   Leave me a comment with your favorite styling product and/or wand!   I need help! 🙂

SIX

We’re just over here enjoying the pretty weather…I just love these two boys!

img_5087

And, I totally had to laugh at these girls!   They were having a playdate and assigned themselves a project on the rainforest!   I hope they always choose to do these sorts of things on a weekend. 🙂

img_4988

Nothing says Friday night like that, am I right?   😉

Happy Friday, y’all!   I hope you have a great weekend!! XOXO Narci

Advertisements

19 thoughts on “Friday Favorites

1. Erika Slaughter says:

Did you use hair spray? I can only use a few types of hair spray or they have the reverse effect and are too heavy or something? What happens if you don’t use the hairspray? Just a thought. 🙂

2. Laci says:

Clean hair day? My hair only holds curl if I put tons of product in it. Sometimes I use dry shampoo and texture spray on my clean hair just to get volume and life in it. I love Kenra hair spray!

3. Kim Hopper says:

I swear by the Kenra Volume Spray 25. At one point not long ago, I thought “you know, I spend a lot on hair products, maybe I don’t need the more expensive hairspray” and got a drugstore brand–and a few days later I went and bought more of my usual. It’s the best!

4. Wendy Walker says:

I like to use some dry shampoo in my hair before I curl it. It adds texture and helps the curls stay. Finish with hairspray for sure!

5. Jenny says:

Use higher heat on the curls 🙂 I use a flatiron and crank the heat to 400 degrees and it holds perfectly. If I don’t crank the heat up it falls! 😚

6. Kate Livingston says:

I am by no means an expert, but I do swear by a curling wand. I think it’s easier, often has higher heat settings, and my hair holds so well with it! I honestly bought an inexpensive one at a TJ Maxx 2-3 years ago to try and I still use it today! I also swear by a good texture spray instead of or in addition to a hairspray. Oribe has a great one or even the more inexpensive one at Target by Kristen Ess is great! It gives it great body & texture, but it also helps mine hold a bit, too.

7. That Inspired Chick says:

I watched a video one time of a girl using a wand (I think it was on that FB page “How Does She”) and she would curl and then hold the hot curl in her hand for a minute until it cooled off some so that it would stay longer…? Other than that, I’m out. 😉 My hair tends to do the same thing! That Inspired Chick

8. Jenny says:

I need to check back on the hair tips. I use a 450 degree dry bar curling wand and my curls fall out within 15 minutes. I have tried hot rollers and they actually straighten my hair. I feel like I am not destined for anything but straight hair. My hair is thick and heavy which is a good thing but not for curls. Ugh

9. Katie A says:

I want to hear about your hair when you figure out what works. My hair does not hold curl at all… so if you find something you just pass that along

10. Ashley Collum says:

L’Ange makes the best wands! I asked my friend with amazing hair her secrets and she told me to use this- I asked my hubby for one for Christmas and I’m OBSESSED!! Curl lasts all day and then was a softer wave the next day after I slept on it!

11. Molly Kate says:

Hot tools 1 inch curling iron, living proof thickening cream and root spray, and tri aerogel hair spray are my go-to’s! I have fine, straight hair and these products give it volume and keep the style all day! I’ve tried different products for years and finally found some winners. Good luck! 🙂

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment here! :) XO Narci

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w