Hey, y’all!! It’s time for Part 2 of our Q and A. I hope you enjoy another little peak into more about me… Happy Reading, friends. 🙂
- What brought you to McKinney, TX–I was born and raised in Plano, TX…which is sandwiched in between Dallas and McKinney. I went away to college (Hotty Toody!), but came right back to the Dallas area after I graduated. When I was interviewing at my first job, they gave me the option of their Boston or Dallas branch…and the rest is history. 🙂
- Any tips for raising teen boys?–Hmm. Let’s see…since I haven’t raised a teen from beginning to end, I am going to refrain giving out too much advice, but I have found that giving grace is crazy important during this stage…and choosing what situations speak into (and which to stay quiet about) is so incredibly valuable. For now, my answer is GRACE on top of GRACE for your teen boy. And lots of chocolate for yourself. 😉
- How long have you been a photographer? How did you get started?–I have been a photographer for 14 years. It started out as a hobby, then I transitioned to doing sessions for free for my friends, and then into a full blown company! It’s been a lot of long hours over the years, but really it was God who put me on this path! I never would have imagined this on my own.
- I saw your picture on IG about your arm. I would love to hear your testimony. I know you shared at your church – was there a link I missed?–no problem! here it is…https://vimeo.com/210540017
- Is your life always how you pictured it would be? –Not at all! I really didn’t think I would get married or have kids as a child or young adult. Rob Dreffs changed my heart on all that pretty quickly. 😉
- How often do you clean your home? Honestly, we are in a constant process of cleaning with 3 kids and a dog. I mop twice a week, we are constantly cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, vacuuming, and such. We also have a house cleaner who comes twice a month to deep clean. I always say that it’s either the house cleaner or a therapy bill, so we worked it into our home budget years ago. 😉
- Were you a cheerleader at Ole Miss?–No, but that would have been so fun!
- How do you have so much energy?–I love the feeling of being productive….so I am constantly working towards something around here! Also, all of my kiddos are in school currently, so this makes it much easier to get things accomplished during the day. 🙂
- How do you discipline your kids? How do you handle kids’ bad behavior? Great question! We are big on our discipline being tailored to fit the crime. For instance, if someone is unkind, we make them do something kind for the person they were ugly with…instead of just taking away their electronics, etc. Our thoughts are that when they mess up as adults, no one is going to be there taking away their iPads or phones….they are likely to face a natural consequence, so we try to mirror that.
- What’s your favorite essential oil? —Right now, I am addicted to Lavender and Stress Away diluted in my bath water. 🙂
- Why is there such a big age gap between your two boys? –We experienced 4 years of unexplained infertility between our two boys. We tried several different fertility treatments and drugs during that time period and nothing worked….Then, miraculously, we got pregnant with Luke naturally one random month, and he was born almost exactly 5 years to the day after Jackson. And, then, we got pregnant with Presley when Luke was just 6 months old and while I was still nursing. Amazing, right? Only God does that, y’all. 🙂
- Where do you do most of your clothes shopping? 🙂 I love to shop, but my favorite is J. Crew Factory. Their sizing is always spot on for me, and I love the classic style and the way that they use color. :). I also am a BIG fan of Nordstrom as well!
Thank you so much for all of the great questions! If you still have a question, you can leave it in the comments, and I will add it to my list! I will see you back here tomorrow! XOXO N