On Monday, we were meeting some of our dear friends and a Labor Day themed potluck was on the menu. I followed this awesome potato salad recipe, and it this potato salad is out of this world tasty. I mean, I’ve never met a potato salad that I didn’t like, but this one will have you thinking about it later! haha!
It’s best served room temperature (but great chilled also). So, it’s great for potlucks and as an easy side for chicken dinners. My family was a huge fan!
- 4 lbs Red Bliss potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2cup finely chopped green onion top
- 1 1⁄4cups mayonnaise
- 1 3⁄4teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 3⁄4teaspoons salt
- Steam the potatoes skin-on for approximately 45 minutes (you can boil them, but they tend to be slightly mushier in the end result). Set aside until cool enough to handle. Boil your eggs, then do the same. When cool enough, peel the eggs ONLY (do NOT peel the potatoes — the skin gives it part of it’s unique texture and taste).
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. Chop the potatoes and eggs into bite-size pieces and add to bowl. Mix GENTLY — you want salad, not mush — until blended.
- Serve at room temp for up to 2 hours after making — refridgerate leftovers. It tastes best when room temp, but is delicious cold too — so if you are making this in advance, it’s fine to chill it.
Enjoy! XOXO Narci