- What does your quiet time look like? I get up before the kids wake up to do my quiet time. This is a habit I started when my kids were small, and it has just kind of stuck. Even though my days are flexible, I still find that my days go better when I’ve started my day in the Word and in prayer.
- If you could go back and get another degree, what would it be? Hmm…great question! Maybe marketing, teaching, or accounting? Rob says I was born to sell, so maybe I should have done marketing? I don’t know! 🙂 Now, I’m on the flip side and watching Jackson start to think about these decisions. So crazy cool.
- What are you weekly meal planning tips? I make my grocery list on Monday mornings and set up a grocery pickup for later in the day. We try to eat lean meats and veggies as much as we can, so our meal planning is pretty simple these days.
- Recommendations on how to keep a prayer journal? Find a spiral, and pour your heart out to the Lord. Keep a record of your requests daily, and don’t forget to say them out loud some days. (This always feels awkward to begin with, but you will FEEL the spirit move, friends.) Also, take a highlighter and go through past entries to see how God has moved in what you’ve prayed for. That’s one thing I’ve learned during the past year: GOD SHOWS UP all the time in our daily life and prayer requests if we will really stop and watch for Him. Sometimes the answer isn’t the destination, but the way He loves and provides in the meantime is.
- What was the Hardwood Cleaner that you talked about on your stories? Weiman Hardwood Polish. Our floors are site-stained hardwoods (not engineered), and I think that makes a difference, possibly.
- What is your favorite meal or snack? I’m a steak, burger, tacos, queso, and guacamole kind of girl. All day, everyday.
- Do you plan Blog Posts ahead of time? I do plan for the month, but sometimes I move things around if needed.
- How long does it take to write each post? It depends on the post, but around an hour is about right. I like to keep things short and sweet, because we all have things to do, right? haha!
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? My bucket list locations are Greece, Turks and Caicos, and a trip to Europe. Also, recently, for the first time, I’ve felt a little God nudge to go on a mission trip. So, we will see what happens next!
- Teenager tips? I read the best article the other day about how lonely the teen years is for moms, because there are literally NO resources online or in church’s for parents of teens. So, it doesn’t surprise me that I get this question quite a bit. My advice is to find a group of friends that are supportive, nonjudgemental, and will listen when you need it, find a mentor for yourself who can speak wisdom into your teen’s circumstances, create ways for you and your teen to hang out and keep your relationship strong, and pray….never stop praying. You will get down on your knees for your teens more than any other parenting stage, for sure. Also, Teenagers are seriously funny and great company. :). So, find the fun part of having teenagers too, and run with it. 🙂
Happy Thursday, y’all!! See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!