This is one of my favorite recipes to pull out when I have a bunch of boys in the house. I like my tacos and pizza separately (ha!), but there is something about this simple little recipe that makes the boys request this every single time they come over! I love a good crowd pleaser! I have heard of people using Doritos instead of tortilla chips, but I will leave that decision up to you and your personal tastes! 🙂
Also, I use these individual pizza crusts, and they really up the yummy factor!
Enjoy! XO N
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 prebaked 12-inch pizza crusts
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, optional
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans or baking sheets. Combine beans and salsa; spread over crusts. Top with beef mixture, chips and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomatoes and lettuce if desired.