Hi! Today, if you need me I am relaxing with my peeps in between making sure to get a little work done. I am so thankful for these days off with them! Today, I am sharing my favorite queso recipe. It’s great with chips, but we love it on top of our nachos. The best part is that it’s all in the crockpot minus a little browning. Try it and you will love it! XOXO Narci
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage roll
- 1 lb. spicy ground pork sausage roll
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp minced dried onion
- 16 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 20 oz Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles (undrained)
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- minced fresh chives, for garnish
Add a small drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet, and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add both sausages and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as you cook, until sausage is browned, about 6-8 minutes.
Drain cooked sausage, then add to crockpot . Top with garlic powder, dried onion, cubed cream cheese, Ro-tel, hot sauce, pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
Stir well, then cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours, or HIGH for 1.5-2 hours. Remove cover and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese, then cover again and cook another 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.