Happy Friday! How are you doing this week? I am so thankful that you are here today! Go ahead and grab your coffee while I share one of my very favorite summer sides! I think you will love this one.
This potato salad is out of this world tasty and the perfect finish to all your fun, outdoor, grilling meals. I mean, I’ve never met a potato salad that I didn’t like, but this one will have you thinking about it later! It’s that good. 🙂
It’s best-served room temperature (but great chilled also). So, it’s perfect for potlucks, when you have company over, and as an easy side for chicken dinners, grilled steaks, and burgers. My family was a huge fan!
- 4 lbs Red Bliss potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2cup finely chopped green onion top
- 1 1⁄4cups mayonnaise
- 1 3⁄4teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 3⁄4teaspoons salt
- Steam the potatoes skin-on for approximately 45 minutes (you can boil them, but they tend to be slightly mushier in the end result). Set aside until cool enough to handle. Boil your eggs, then do the same. When cool enough, peel the eggs ONLY (do NOT peel the potatoes — the skin gives it part of its unique texture and taste).
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. Chop the potatoes and eggs into bite-size pieces and add to bowl. Mix GENTLY until blended.
- Serve at room temp for up to 2 hours after making — refrigerate leftovers. It tastes best when room temp, but it is delicious cold too — so if you are making this in advance, it’s fine to chill it.
Enjoy! Love you guys, Narci