Happy Friday, friends! I don’t know about you, but our 4th of July is going to look a little different around here. Normally, it’s parades and fireworks, but this year calls for some extra time at home (due to Covid)…and as much as I would like to get back to normal, I am trying to make the days as fun as possible. That means lots of time outside and a special 4th of July treat…I have to say that I found this recipe here a while back, and I am so thankful that I did. It’s the perfect Strawberry pie recipe to brighten up your 4th of July celebration. I’m going to be making this today, and I will be sure to share over on my stories later today. Check it out! You will love it. 🙂
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F . Place a drip pan on the lowest shelf to catch pie juices.
- To Make Topping: In a medium bowl, mix until fluffy the 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup flour, butter, and nutmeg.
- Place cleaned strawberries in a deep bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and cornstarch. Gently coat berries with this mixture; be careful not to crush berries.
- Pour berries into prepared pie crust mounding them in the middle; mounding is necessary as the berries will sink as they bake. Cover berries with crumb topping and top crumbs with about 15 pea-sized blobs of butter. Wrap edges of pie crust with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and bake for an additional 40 minutes. When there are 10 minutes left of baking, sprinkle a little extra sugar over crumb topping and then finish baking.