Hey, yall! Happy Friday and happy Valentine’s weekend! Today, I am sharing what we had for dinner last night and one of our family favorites for winter. It’s perfect for these cold February nights or as a cozy Valentine’s dinner for your crew. It’s a crowd pleaser for sure. The homemade seasoning packs a great punch and is super flavorful! I think you will love this one. 🙂
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I usually just coat the bottom of the pan in a thin layer of vegetable oil)
- 4 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 1 bag baby yellow potatoes, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or flour
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot. Stir in seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes and carrots into the pot. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew. Cover and simmer 1 hour more.
Our little Texas town is forecasted to get somewhere between 10-14 inches of snow over the next week with LOW temperatures. That’s quite uncommon for this part of the country, so we are super curious and anxious to see if the predictions are true.
What are you plans for the weekend? Happy Valentine’s to you, and I will see you on Monday!