We had friends over recently and squeezed in a quick little birthday celebration for Luke. His favorite dessert is cherry crisp, so I made sure to have some on hand just for him! Before I get to the recipe, I thought I would share a few pics of our spread. 🙂
He requested grilled bratwurst and burgers….just added in our favorite buns on some cutting boards, and it was loking a little more festive. 🙂
Also on his request list: mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. The perfect but easy summertime meal for a big group!
A great way to celebrate our favorite 13 year old! The cherry crisp is such an easy recipe so I thought that you might like to check it out for your next summertime bash. We always serve it with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy! XOXO Narci
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Use a fork to stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and stir it all together until everything is moistened.
- Pour the cherry pie filling into an 8×8 baking dish and spread it in an even layer with a spatula.
- Spread the oat mixture over the top of the pie filling being careful not to mix things together.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is crispy and the pie filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.