I don’t know about you, but I love a good crockpot recipe. This is one of our most requested meals in my house. One of my girlfriends shared this recipe with me, and it is a big hit with our crew. We made it last week when the temps cooled off in our neck of the woods.
Enjoy! XOXO Narci
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips. I’ve also used stew meat 🙂
- 1 cup beef consumme or beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Cooked white rice
- In the insert of the crockpot, whisk together beef consume or broth, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Gently place your slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
- Turn crockpot on low and cook for 4-6 hours. See notes below.
- When done, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cooking liquid, pour into crockpot, stir to mix well.Toss in your broccoli florets. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
- Serve hot over white rice.
*I tried cooking this on high once and meat was too tough. Cooking on Low is best here. 🙂