Hey, Hey! Happy Tuesday from our neck of the woods! Well, we are all moved in (save a few things here and there, like TVs and wall decor), and I am so happy to be back in this space with you today. I did want to just let you know that moving forward, I will be posting here on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Fridays. Sharing this here today, so you can know when to check in for something new.
What’s happening here today? Today, I am making a quick pit stop at the dealership for a quick fix for my car, and I thought I would share one of my very favorite breakfast casserole recipes with you while I am waiting. 🙂
It’s pictured on the left (on the right is a Sopapilla cheesecake. You should totally google that if you aren’t familiar with this popular recipe–My kids really love it)
We are big fans of sourdough anything in our house, and I think it gives it an extra little zing! Try it, and let me know what you think!
- 8-10 slices large of white sourdough bread cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound breakfast sausage crumbled and cooked
- 8 ounces freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese about 2 cups
- 12 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place bread in the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the browned sausage over top the bread.
- Sprinkle the freshly grated cheese over top the sausage.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Beat until all of the egg yolks are well mixed.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Cover the casserole with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the casserole, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the middle of the casserole is puffed and set.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
Well, I am off to clean up some off the moving mess! Hope you have a fantastic day! XOXO Narci